In early 2009, Oprah Winfrey started the new year with her so called, “Weight Loss Confession”. In this episode, she explained her emotional journey with food, her weight, and how she felt about her public image. Oprah tells us that all her money and fame means nothing because of how she looks and feels about herself. As she says,
“It doesn’t mean anything if you can’t fit into your clothes,” she says. “It means the fat won. It means you didn’t win. … I am mad at myself. I am embarrassed.”
In 2009, Sue-Anne and I watched this episode together and decided to turn this into an Alignment Process session. We approached this session as Sue-Anne does with her clients: one step at a time. The relationship you have with your body and how you see your self-image are big topics. Over the years, we’ve been regularly doing our alignment work on this issue. We have discovered many nuances to this pattern and have created numerous AP movie sessions to improve our relationship with our food, our bodies, and our overall self-image.
This blog is the first step to more compassion with how you see your body. Our belief patterns about food contribute to the overall issue of self-acceptance, which in turn perpetuates the weight swings. Our beliefs affect our ability to find a balance with our weight and how we feel about ourselves. If you mentally and emotionally beat yourself up when you put on a few pounds you’re actually reinforcing a pattern that makes food and your weight a persistent problem. It steals your peace of mind and limits self-acceptance. Our intent is to provide relief with how tough we are on ourselves when we feel we didn’t get it right. The first step is to stop being angry at our behavior and turn towards accepting yourself just as you are. If you can get to this place, taking the next steps will be much easier and you’ll have a better chance at discovering a new relationship with food and your body.
The Top 10 Benefits From Watching This Alignment Process TV Excerpt:
- Acceptance of your body as it is now.
- Release of the anger and hatred you feel when you put on a few unexpected pounds.
- A lessening of the need to self-soothe through food.
- Enjoy eating again, seeing it as a celebration of life.
- Release the fear that you’ll always struggle with food, weight, and a poor self-image
- Less charge on equating your success with how tight and in shape your body appears.
- Desiring to eat quantities of food that nourish you.
- Acceptance that your body will change as it ages.
- Becoming friends with your body again.
- Providing hope that you’ll find peace of mind with food, your body, and self image.
The Steps To Energetically Benefit from This AP Session
- If you haven’t done the Intention Session, then do this first and only once. You don’t need to do this session every time you watch one of our AP movies/TV shows.
- Read the entire article describing Oprah’s Confession. see link here: http://www.oprah.com/health/Oprahs-Weight-Loss-Confession. We used her discussion to identify the beliefs for this AP session.
- Watch the entire excerpt of Oprah’s Confession (3 minutes only). Here’s the link: http://www.oprah.com/health/Oprahs-Weight-Gain-Confession
- If you notice relief in the subsequent days, please pass this blog to someone you know who might appreciate some assistance.
In both of our books, we have additional AP movie sessions around these pesky issues. If you find this valuable, please let us know and we’ll continue the series in this blog.