This week we begin a 5-part series called: Speaking The Language of The Heart.
We created this series to help us and others align with the heart in our communication styles.
In this series we’ll discuss 5 Alignment Movies that will help you with the following:
- Shift away from communication styles that build walls around you.
- Understand what people are really saying and decipher how to connect at a deeper level.
- Become a better and more compassionate listener
- Discuss how to heal with the language of the heart
- And finally, we’ll present an Alignment Movie that shows what life can be like in community when we connect with others at the heart level.
Communication is a skill we all can improve upon.
Yet most of us forget to be intentional about how we use our words, our tone, and the intensity behind our communication styles.
When we communicate from the heart, we transcend words and we connect with people’s emotions.
As Maya Angelou said,
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Throughout our series we’ll take a look at how our styles make people feel.
We’ll work on energizing communication styles that align with the heart in ways that improve our relationships and de-energize those that don’t. We’ll discuss what works and what doesn’t when connecting with others.
This week we begin our journey to heart aligned communication with How To Express Yourself With Honesty and Respect.
To help us all see what styles get in the way, our featured Alignment Movie is:
What About Bob?
In the second half of the show, Sue-Anne will provide a mini – Alignment Session called: Bringing Things Back to Basics, Start with Yourself.