Are you living your dream life? Do you stay connected to your dream and do you nurture it like you would a beloved child? If you’ve lost touch with your dream and don’t believe it’s possible anymore, then this Alignment Process session is for you. Will.i.am, the front man and producer of the multi-platinum award winning group, The Black Eyed Peas shows us how to dream from the heart in OWN’s series, Visionaries: Inside The Creative Mind.
Most of us have been taught that we have to make it happen in the world and this is done through our focused thinking. Yet we’re unaware that when we create from the mind, it usually results in duality and it’s much harder to get started. For example: I want to be a dancer, but how will I ever pay for the lessons? The mind wants all the questions and objections resolved before it will be willing to let go of the fear of a new creation. It’s when we create from the heart that duality fades and magic happens. Once you’ve experienced a taste of how to create from the heart, you begin to look at your life from inspired lenses.
Will.i.am gives us 3 valuable suggestions for living our dreams:
Protect and Nurture Your Dream
Bringing your dreams into reality requires heart-felt inspiration and an unquestionable faith that it will happen – as if it’s already done. It requires constant nurturing to prevent doubt and naysayers from distracting you. As Will.i.am says, “you’ve got to protect the dream; you’ve got to treat the dream like some little fragile thing that could blow away…like a little candle in the wind.”
Distract Your Mind
Your thinking will do everything it can to talk you out of your dream. All the objections will come up to convince you that it doesn’t make sense, or it’s too expensive, and that nobody will take you seriously. When Will.i.am is creating a new piece of music, follows his emotion and stays centered in the music making process. It’s the only thing he trusts. He says, “Music keeps me sane, it keeps my mind on something. Because my mind will just wander and if it wanders then that’s not good.” Will.i.am likes to keep his mind only on things that are productive. He says, “it’s fragile up there…so I stay in the music”.
“Take control of your mind and meditate. Let your soul gravitate to the love, y’all, y’all”
Where Is The Love, Black Eyed Peas
When you follow your emotions, they will provide a perfect way to guide you past the duality of your thinking. It’s a way of creating from the feelings of your heart rather than logical thinking.
Stay Connected To Others
Every successful person has had help from others along the way. Dreams are contagious and they attract others with the means and expertise to support you – especially when you remain passionate. Nothing new is a solo endeavor and it’s our connections to others that bring the dreams into reality.
“Music for me is a symbol for what we’re all yearning for and that is to connect”
It’s apparent that Will.i.am likes connecting with all types of people from around the world. He becomes inspired by these connections and it propels him to create more music, more joy in the world.
The Top 8 Pattern Changes You’ll Realize From This AP Session
- Energized desire to follow your dream with faith and knowing that it will certainly happen.
- Release the belief that you have to live up to other people’s expectations.
- The ability to follow your heart while not being distracted from your mind’s desire to second guess your dream.
- Remembering that it’s our connections to others that help us bring our dreams into fruition.
- Improved heart-centered focus and less mind distraction as it applies to your dream.
- Releasing any patterns of self-sabotage or fear that prevents you from going for it.
- Speed up your ability to co-create when coming from your heart instead of your mind.
- A desire to connect with others from the heart.
The Steps To Energetically Benefit from This AP Session:
- If you haven’t done the Intention Session, then do this first and only once. You don’t need to do this session every time you watch one of our AP movies/TV shows.
- Watch the entire video Will.i.am – Visionaries: Inside of the creative mind.
- If you notice relief in the subsequent days, please pass this blog to someone you know who might appreciate some assistance. If you’re so inspired to like us on our Facebook page – we’d welcome the love!
What are your dreams? We want to hear about them. Who knows, someone reading our blog may want to help you bring your dream into fruition.